Casino Bonus Wagering Explained
Online casinos offer bonuses as ways to attract new players to their casino. In order to prevent bonus abuse, the casinos attach wagering requirements - terms and conditions - to each bonus. Players will not be able to cash out their winnings or the bonus amount before they have met the wagering requirements. These should be clearly displayed for all players to see. Unfortunately, many players do not read these conditions and are later surprised by the requirements. We make sure to look carefully into all the bonuses we list on our site to find the ones with the best bonus amount as well as the most user-friendly casino bonus playthrough requirements. We examine all aspects of the bonus including casino bonus rollover, wagering requirements, game eligibility and maximum bonus cashout amounts. With the hard work done for you, you can rest assured that our bonuses offer the best choices for South African players.
How Do I Know the Bonus Rules?
A reliable casino will list all the terms and conditions of every bonus. There may be a link on the bonus page that you will need to click on to see the comprehensive list. If a casino does not have this information, you should be wary of the bonus and rather avoid it.
Bonus Wagering Definitions
- Wagering multiple - The number of times you need to wager the bonus before you can cash out your winnings.
- Applicable base value - The bonus amount or the bonus+deposit amount. This is the amount that the wagering multiple is applied to.
- Wagering target - The amount of money you need to wager in order to be eligible to cash out. It is worked out by multiplying the wagering multiple by the applicable base value.
- Game eligibility - The games that you can play using the bonus funds.
- Fulfilling the Wagering Requirement - Ensuring you have met the wagering requirements.
- Early withdrawal penalty - You may risk losing your bonus if you attempt to cash out before you have fulfilled the wagering requirements.
- Ineligible game penalty - The risk of losing your bonus for playing an ineligible game.
- Zero risk wagering - This refers to wagers with zero risk such as wagers on red or black in roulette and is generally not allowed as part of the wagering requirements of a bonus.
Casino.com offes a comprehensive wlecome bonus package for new players. It awards a total of $3,200 divided over your first eight deposits, starting with a first deposit match bonus of 100% bonus up to $400. This is then followed with seven more 100% match deposit bonuses up to $400 each.
If you read the small print you will see that only the first bonus is redeemable and has wagering requirements of 40x your bonus amount. So, if you received the maximum bonus of $400, you would need to wager 400*40= $16,000 before you can cash out. There are also many games that do not count towards the wagering requirements, including baccarat, roulette, blackjack, sic bo, craps, Jacks or Better, hold’em, poker games and more. Welcome bonus funds expire after 30 days.
Yebo Casino offers a three-tier welcome bonus package. On your first deposit claim a 150% match bonus up to R2,250; on your second deposit claim a 75% bonus up to R3,750 and on your third deposit claim a 50% bonus up to R6,000.
You must enter the bonus code for each bonus in order to claim it. There is a minimum deposit of R50 in order to claim any bonus. The bonus expires within 30 days from the time you receive it. The bonus has wagering requirements of 40x the bonus and deposit amount so if you deposit R200 on your first deposit and receive R300, you will need to wager (200+300)*40= R20,000. It is important to note that some games (such as slots and keno) count 100% towards wagering requirements, some count 25% (such as sic bo and casino war), video poker games count 5%, blackjacks count 2% and some games (such as craps, baccarat and bingo) count 0%.
Silver Sands Casino offers a $1,000 welcome bonus package with a first deposit bonus of 100% up to $400. You will need to enter the coupon code to claim the bonus.
The wagering requirement is 30x the bonus+deposit so if you deposited $400, the wagering target would be (400+400)*30=$24,000. Games such as roulette, craps and baccarat do not count towards the wagering requirements. In order to cash in the bonus you will need to cash in an amount greater than the bonus+deposit.